Why Study at Olds College in Alberta, Canada?
- Olds has a population of approximately 7,000 people, and is a major service centre and regional market for over 26,000 people in Mountain View County region. Our central location along the bustling Highway 2 corridor between Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary, all contribute to the continued growth and economic stability of Olds.
- Olds’ environment boasts clean air, sunny skies, warm summers and largely mild winters that are the norm, though it can get quite cold for short periods.
- The friendly hospitality of Olds, combined with the amenities associated with a big city; fine schools, recreation opportunities and Olds College, make Olds a prosperous community with a commitment to sustainable growth and the maintenance of quality lifestyle. Olds is a healthy, active, safe and caring place to live and attend college.
- Olds is a clean town, and citizens are proud of it and keep it that way. The residential areas are of a very high standard.
- The downtown core is expansive, yet all areas are easily accessible on foot. Olds has an abundance of great places to eat, whether you want to grab a quick bite, would like an intimate dinner or have time for a leisurely meal.
- Fun events such as the annual Olds College Open House, Olds Fair & Rodeo, Canada Day Festival, Olds Fashioned Christmas and the Kiwanis Music Festival are just a few of the year-round activities from which to choose.
- Town of Olds web site
- Maps of Olds College and area
- Central Alberta travel and tourism
- more links...
Top 10 Reasons to Attend Olds College
1. Satisfied Students
97% are satisfied with the overall quality of their educational experience.
2. Great Reputation
94% of graduates would recommend attending Olds College to someone else.
3. On Campus Housing
Living on-campus allows students to save valuable time, and allows convenience access to classes, faculty, library and the many services provided on-campus. Living on-campus is an easy way to make friends, become involved in extracurricular activities, and live an unforgettable experience.
4. Hands-on Training
Agriculture & Heavy Equipment students, for example, work on $4.5 million worth of the latest farm machinery and heavy equipment donated by major equipment manufacturers.
5. Unique Programs
Programs include Crop and Agri-Food Technology, Geographic Information Systems, Land Agent, Land and Water Resources, Horticulture, Fashion, Turfgrass Management and Bachelor of Applied Sciences (4 Majors). There are also increasing opportunities to transfer to other institutions or to transfer to universities or to transfer from other colleges to Olds College.
6. Industry Partnerships
We work closely with hundreds of industry partners in applied research, business development and human resources development. The Olds College School of Innovation works with companies such as Canadian Cattlemen’s Association, Alberta Ingenuity, Alberta Value-Added Corporation (AVAC) and Cetac West.
7. International Reputation
We have ongoing projects in many countries and have worked in more than 30 countries.
8. Friendly, Warm Learning Environment
Small classes allow instructors to develop strong communication with each student.
9. Nationally Recognized Student Clubs
For example, the Olds College Rodeo Club has twice won the Canadian Intercollegiate Rodeo Championship.
10. Beautiful Campus In An Ideal Location
Our Olds Campus features an arboretum, orchards, flowerbeds, Botanic Garden, research and demonstration plots, and is located in Central Alberta and close to Calgary, Red Deer and Edmonton. Olds College is within sight of the Rocky Mountains.
Our Calgary Campus is conveniently located at Stampede Park in Calgary, bringing Olds College to the heart of Canada’s fourth largest city.