Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate Program
Get the head start you need to find employment in operating equipment
in the construction, oil & gas, infrastructure, or mining industries.
These programs are entry-level operator courses and focus on training operators with attention to maintenance, safety and environment. You will get technical training along with the hands-on operation experience of various types of heavy equipment. Apply today and get your new career moving!
The Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate Program (HEO) provides you with the knowledge and skills required to enter the workforce as an entry level heavy equipment operator. In 12 weeks, plus a practicum, you will focus on jobsite fundamentals including:
- health, safety, and environmental training and awareness,
- equipment maintenance and operation,
- and application of earth moving techniques in hands-on operations.
You will be trained to operate selected pieces of equipment, which could include: compactor, loader, dozer, grader and excavator.
HEO 6001 Workplace Safety and Safety Tickets
HEO 6002 Introduction to Earthmoving
HEO 6003 Equipment Operation and Preventative Mechanical Maintenance
HEO 6004 Fieldwork and Jobsite Fundamentals
HEO 6005 Earthmoving Operation Techniques
“I found out about this program from an online search. I’m learning a lot here, plus it’s great to operate the equipment.”
- Minimum of 18 years of age upon completion of the program
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Mature students will be evaluated on an individual basis and can apply under alternate Admissions Status.
- A copy of and unrestricted Class 5 Drivers License
- A recent copy of a Driver's Abstract (current within three months of start of the program).
- Submit a completed personal profile.
Please use the Registration and Personal Profile forms below. Refer to the Program Factsheet for complete Admission Requirements.
Tuition $9190, plus $500 books and field materials, plus student fees
A $500 non-refundable tuition deposit is due on acceptance to the program. This deposit is applied toward your tuition fee to secure your placement in the program.
Olds – Approx. 10 kms West of Olds
March 17 to June 6, 2014
8:00am to 5:00pm daily
Monday - Friday
For More Information:
1-800-661-6537, ext. 7763 or direct line 1-403-507-7763