T2202A Tax Form

The T2202A is the Tuition and Enrolment Certificate and the information on this form is used for reporting to the Canada Revenue Agency for income tax purposes. A T2202A certificate will be issued to students who have paid $100 or more in eligible fees for eligible post-secondary level courses within a program in the applicable tax year.

Students eligible to receive a T2202A tuition receipt will be notified by email when the receipts are available online.

CONTINUING EDUCATION - T2202A receipts for eligible Continuing Education students will be mailed on or before February 28.

For Saskatchewan and Ontario residents - a further breakdown of tuition and education amounts will be provided upon request to the Office of the Registrar

To Print Your T2202A

The T2202A is accessed electronically via your My Olds College account and will be available on or before February 28.  

  • click 'Enter Secure Area'
  • enter your nine digit Olds College student ID number in the User ID' field
  • enter your My Olds College PIN in the 'PIN' field
  • click on 'Student Services'
  • click on 'Canadian Tax Forms'
  • click on 'T2202A Tax Credit Form'
  • you can then print your T2202A tax form for the tax year

Forgotten PIN / Inactive Account?

If you are having technical difficulties accessing your My Olds College account (forgot your PIN or your account is inactive) you may contact  IT Support by calling 403.507.7777, 1.800.661.6537 ext 7777, or email itsupport@oldscollege.ca to reactivate your account.

In order to verify your identify before the information can be released you will be required to produce photo identification (in person) or answer security questions over the phone.

Form Does Not Pop Up in a New Window

If you do not see a page opening up with your T2202A, it is often because your browser's pop-up blocker is enabled. To disable this, follow the instructions below for the particular browser you are using, we do recommend re-enabling the pop-up blocker back after you have obtained your T2202A.

Internet Explorer

  1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. Press ALT + X to open Tool Menu
  3. Choose Internet Options
  4. Click the Privacy Tab
  5. Next to "Pop-Up Blocker" uncheck box
  6. Click on Apply
  1. Open Chrome
  2. In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu
  3. Select Settings
  4. Click Show advanced settings
  5. Under "Privacy," click the Content settings button
  6. Under "Pop-ups," select Allow all sites to show pop-ups


  1. Click on Safari in browser menu, located at the top of your screen
  2. When the drop-down menu appears, choose Preferences....Short cut (Command + , )
  3. General Preferences dialog should be displayed, Click on the Security tab
  4. In the Web content section is an option labeled Block pop-up windows. If the check box is checked, then Safari's integrated pop-up blocker is enabled. If it is enabled, uncheck the check box


  1. Open Firefox
  2. Click on the menu button - three lines at top (or press Command + , on a Mac)
  3. Select Options
  4. Select Content
  5. Uncheck box next to "Block Pop-Up Windows"
  6. Click Okay

General Information

  • If the student is taking courses over the internet, they will be considered to be in full-time attendance only if the program required the student to be in virtual/real-time attendance, on a full-time basis, for classes and other course-related activities. A student is considered a part-time student when courses are taken by correspondence.

  • T2202A part-time and full-time months is determined based on hours of instruction, and is not based on the number of credits.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why doesn't my T2202A form match the amount I paid?

The total amount of tuition fees paid may not necessarily correspond to your T2202A because not all of your tuition fees are tax deductible. Also, the T2202A is based on the tax year (January - December), not the academic school year.

I received my T2202A form but the address on it is incorrect. Do I need a new one?

You may submit the T2202A as received even if the address is incorrect.  

Can you help me with some questions about my tax return?

Questions regarding the use of the T2202A form in the tax preparation process should be directed to your personal tax representative or Revenue Canada.  Revenue Canada also publishes a booklet called "Students & Income Tax" - Government form P105.

If you have specific questions about the values recorded on your  tax receipt, please contact the Registrar’s Office.

Olds College staff can not access your tax receipt, assist in setting your printer parameters or print off the official copy for you. It is your responsibility to ensure access to the receipt and a secure confidential area in which to print it.