Why is Olds College collecting my Social Insurance Number (SIN)?

Effective the 2019 tax year, all post-secondary institutions are required to provide the Canada Revenue Agency with Social Insurance Numbers (SIN) on Form T2202 (Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate). Further information on the eligibility of education and textbook amounts can be found on the Canada Revenue Agency’s website.


How will SIN information be collected?

SIN information will be collected on your application to Olds College or Continuing Education Registration form. If you are a current student or did not provide this information when applying to Olds College you can update your SIN on your myoldscollege account. 

How to Update Your SIN
  1. Login to your My Olds College Account
  2. Select Personal Information
  3. Select Provide Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  4. Select Social Insurance Number Collection
  5. Enter SIN Number and Click "Survey Complete"
  6. Log Out of My Olds College



I do not have a SIN or I have lost my SIN.  How can I apply for a SIN?

Information on how to apply for a SIN can be found on the Government of Canada's Employment and Social Development website. The website will provide you with details on eligibility and the documentation you will need in order to apply for a SIN.

More information on federal guidelines around SIN collection can be found here.