Health Services

We are committed to providing quality health care and education in a confidential, safe and supportive manner.

The following services are available to all Olds College students:

  • the registered nurse is available Monday to Friday at the Olds Campus
  • on campus doctor appointments are available most Tuesdays and Wednesdays from September to April at the Olds Campus
  • confidential assessment, treatment, and/or referral of physical illness or injuries
  • confidential screening and treatment for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
  • health and wellness education

All medical services are strictly confidential and your privacy will be respected. Please be informed that registered nurses and doctors are legally and ethically obligated to break confidentiality under the following circumstances:

  • serious risk of suicide or harm to you or others
  • ongoing abuse or neglect of a child or dependent adult
  • subpoena of your medical file or required testimony by a court of law


Massage on CampusOlds College Massage on campus

On campus appointments are available most Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from September to April. Most health plans provide coverage for massage therapy. If you are a student, please contact the Olds College Students Association to determine coverage.


Off Campus Health Services

Olds Hospital and Care Center
3901 57 Avenue
Olds, Alberta T4H 1T4

Imagine Health Centre
Suite 100, 300-6th Avenue SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0G5
First Floor, West Campus, Bow Valley College

Community Addiction and Mental Health
#212, 5025 50 Street
Olds, Alberta T4H 1R9

Health Link Alberta
Health advice or information 24/7
Phone: 811

211 Alberta 
Assistance with finding the right community and social services
Phone: 211

Mental Health Helpline
Assistance Available 24/7

Health and Wellness Resources

Immunization Information

Flu Shots: Olds College offers seasonal flu shots through Alberta Health Services on campus. For more information on the schedule for these, please contact the Olds Campus Nurse

Travel Vaccines: If you are travelling outside of Canada, it is important that the recommended travel vaccines are current and up to date. As health concerns are constantly changing in some areas of the world, please contact your local travel clinic and/or visit travel health for more information.

Sexual Health

Sexual Health is an essential component of personal health and healthy living. Sexual Health is diverse and complex. It will mean different things to many people and it knows no colour or gender. With the right information, you can make informed choices and better protect yourself and your partner. Learn More


College years are a time when many students begin to sort out their values and figure out who they are. It is not unusual for some students to question their sexual orientation or gender identity and to explore how to integrate these with the rest of their life.

LGBTQ students have enough on their plates navigating the usual pressures of college life without having to worry about feeling safe or discriminated against. Student Health and Wellness Centre provides a safe space where you can find support, resources, information and care.

Substance Use Alcohol and Other Drugs

For many, college is a time to try new things. You may be making decisions about drinking or using other drugs. Deciding to use alcohol or other drugs is a personal choice. The decisions that you make can also affect others in your life. Some will choose not to use alcohol and other drugs at all, others will try them and won't use them again and some will continue to use them. Learn More

Student Injury/Incident Reporting

If you become injured at Olds College, it is important to report the injury/incident to ensure you receive appropriate medical care and to ensure the appropriate follow-up is completed.

When to report?

Note: All injuries/incidents are required to be reported, regardless of severity and medical treatment required. To report an injury/incident please see Injury/Incident/Concern form.

  • If your injury/incident occurs during class time or while on a school field trip, please notify your Instructor. The Instructor will assess the situation and contact additional assistance as appropriate. Depending on the severity of the injury/incident, 911 may be called or you may be assisted to see the Campus Nurse for further assessment. Your Instructor will assist you with the reporting process.

    • Students injured during class time, while on a school field trip or during work practicum and require medical attention beyond medical first aid (i.e. doctor, chiropractor), are usually covered under Workers Compensation Board (WCB). Therefore it is mandatory to complete forms for WCB. Both your instructor and yourself are responsible to complete WCB forms. Once forms are completed, please forward to the Campus Nurse as soon as possible. The Campus Nurse will forward the forms to WCB for processing. Olds College is required by law to report to WCB-Alberta within 72 hours after receiving notice or knowledge of the injury.

    • To complete WCB forms: Students please see WCB worker handbook, only the first and third page of the form requires completion. Instructors please see WCB employer handbook, only the first page of the form requires completion.

  • If your injury/incident occurs off class time and you are a resident on campus, please notify your Resident Assistant (RA) who will assist with the reporting process. Depending on the circumstances, the RA may be required to contact Campus Security for further assistance.

  • For all other non-life threatening injuries/incidents occurring on campus, please contact Campus Security at 403.566.8224 for assistance.