W.J. Elliott Building

W.J. Elliott Building

In 1913, farm machinery mechanic courses were being taught at Olds College. Fifty-five years later the Agricultural Mechanics Program officially launched in an old airplane hangar, which was refitted as a lab and classroom. Shortly after, this was named the W.J. Elliott building, after the College’s first Principal. Since then, the Olds College School of Trades has introduced several additional programs. 

There are several labs attached to the W.J. Elliott building for students to work on large equipment.