COVID-19 Updates: FULL DETAILS

Skip to content

Campus & Facilities

Our main campus is located in Olds, Alberta, a scenic small town surrounded by wide open prairies with beautiful views of the Rocky Mountains to the west. Calgary is less than an hour to the south and Red Deer is just 40 minutes north. A short drive 45 minutes west of Olds will put you in the heart of the rolling foothills and Rocky Mountains. 

Preparing for Growth - Olds College Creates Campus Master Plan
Posted March 18, 2022

Shop Our Campus Event Services

 

Olds College

Smart Farm

The Olds College Smart Farm incorporates the latest technologies aimed at improving productivity, while efficiently and sustainably using resources, the Smart Farm has evolved and expanded quickly into a cutting-edge learning, applied research and demonstration environment for students, life long learners and industry partners.

Olds College

Botanic Gardens & Constructed Wetlands

Not just a walk down the garden path, the gardens are designed to meet the instructional needs of courses and programs on campus, and are used as the location and subject matter for research projects and community learning opportunities. The Botanic Gardens is 25 acres of aesthetically beautiful, diverse and well-maintained garden and constructed wetlands.

Olds College

Ag-Tech Learning Hub

This new building will be the home to the new Ag-Tech programming and will house the Werklund School of Agriculture Technology.

Olds College

Animal Health Education Centre

The new Animal Health Education Centre is currently being expanded from the Lachlin McKinnon Building, which houses the Animal Science and Animal Health programs. This new building will also host the National Meat Training Centre.

Olds College

Community Learning Campus

The Community Learning Campus (CLC) is a joint venture between Olds College and the Chinook’s Edge School Division. Located on the Olds College Campus, the Community Learning Campus consists of three shared multi-use facilities, the Bell e-Learning Centre, Ralph Klein Centre and the Fine-Arts Theatre.

Olds College

Duncan Marshall Place

Duncan Marshall Place is named after the agricultural minister of the 1930's and is one of our most historic buildings. Duncan Marshall established demonstration farms and bought properties throughout the province, one of which was Olds College.

Olds College

Equine Barns / Riding Arenas

Olds College is home to two professional riding arenas that are used by our Equine classes and the Olds College Rodeo Team. The production barn is where all the reproductive courses such as hand breeding and artificial insemination take place.

Olds College

Landscape Pavilion

In 1997, Olds College opened the Landscape Construction Pavilion with support from the Bank of Montreal, the Landscape Alberta Nursery Trades Association and members of the horticulture industry. The Pavilion was constructed in response to industry requests for Olds College to provide students with greater opportunities to develop hands on horticultural skills.

Olds College

Land Sciences Centre

The Land Sciences Centre is connected to the Greenhouses and Landscape Pavilion, and features classrooms typically used by Horticulture and Land and Environment classes, as well as offices for faculty in those programs.

Olds College

Learning Resource Centre

The Learning Resource Centre building houses a number of student resources including the Office of the Registrar, Student Support Services, Learning Commons, Hive, Campus Store, Print Services and more.

Olds College

Metals Building

The Metals building houses welding apprenticeship training, full-time program studies, continuing education outreach programming, and is used as a Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) testing and certification centre serving employers and employees in industry.

Olds College

W.J. Elliott Agricultural Mechanics Building

In 1913, farm machinery mechanic courses were being taught at Olds College. Fifty-five years later the Agricultural Mechanics Program officially launched in an old airplane hangar, which was refitted as a lab and classroom. Shortly after, this was named the W.J. Elliott building, after the College’s first Principal.