Skip to main content

Student Records

  • Every student admitted to Olds College has an official student record. You have the ability to change aspects of your personal record, including contact information, legal and preferred name and more. 

    Olds College is dedicated to creating a safe environment for all students, staff and faculty.

    Preferred Name

    A Preferred Name is a name an individual chooses to use that may not match a person’s given legal name. Preferred names are representative of an individual’s identity.

    To update your preferred name please submit the Preferred Name Change Request

    Your preferred name will appear in the following places:

    • Olds College Email
    • MyOldsCollege
    • Class Rosters
    • StarRez - Residence
    • ID Card

    Preferred Name Change Request

    Contact Information

    Your contact information can be updated by navigating to your MyOldsCollege account and selecting Personal Information.

    Social Insurance Number

    Olds College may request your Social Insurance Number throughout your academic studies. Your SIN number is used in numerous processes including scholarship and award tax form creation, as well as your T2022 Tax Form submission. Olds College will not request this number through email, phone or other non-secure platforms. 

    To submit your SIN number once requested please login into your MyOldsCollege account, select Personal Information, and then select Provide Social Insurance (SIN). Note: if you receive a message that “No surveys are available at this time” then you have already successfully submitted your SIN.

  • The T2202 is the Tuition and Enrolment Certificate and the information on this form is used for reporting to the Canada Revenue Agency for income tax purposes. A T2202 certificate will be issued to students who have paid $100 or more in eligible fees for eligible post-secondary level courses within a program in the applicable tax year.

    T2202 - Tuition and Enrolment Certificate

    T4A - Pension and Other Income in Canada

    You will receive a T4A tax form for any awards, scholarships and/or bursaries you receive, for taxation purposes.