Admitted Students

International students who are required to complete work experience relevant to their program must also obtain the appropriate work permit. Further clarification on international student employment may be obtained from Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Admitted International students are required to submit a $1000.00 tuition deposit by the designated date on the admission letter to hold their seat in their program. Acceptance letters are given upon admission into a program.

Study Permits

Admitted applicants are responsible for all of their study permit, travel and financial arrangements. A valid study permit must be sent to your admissions officer one month prior to the program start date or applicants may risk losing their seat in programs that are at capacity. For information on studying in Canada and to apply for a study permit please go to the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada website.

Apply for your study permit as soon as you receive your letter of admission. Please visit Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada page for information on study permit processing times.

International Student Fees

International students will be assessed fees for instruction higher than those of Canadian citizens, landed immigrants or permanent residents. View the fee schedule for the cost of your program.

Please note that these fees are approximate costs only. Your actual fees will be based on your timetable and will vary from student to student.

View Dates and Fees Schedule

Government Funding/Student Loans

As a student who is considering studying in Canada, you are expected to have enough money to support yourself during your studies. You must ensure you have enough money to pay for:

  • tuition
  • living expenses
  • transportation to and from Canada

If you are planning to attend Olds College on a study permit, you should be aware that you are not eligible to apply for Canadian government funding. If you require a loan to attend school, you should consider getting a loan through your home country.

Some countries will offer government student loans to students who attend Olds College. If your home country does not fund students through their government loans program, you may wish to speak to your bank or other financial institutions to secure funding.

Scholarships and Bursaries

Students seeking additional scholarship or bursary opportunities are encouraged to apply for Olds College student awards, and to apply for external awards. View the EduCanada Study in Canada Scholarships

Check your eligibility for external awards at:

Learn More about Scholarships & Awards