international students standing in a group in winter wear in the snow

Government Funding / Student Loans

As a student who is considering studying in Canada, you are expected to have enough money to support yourself during your studies. You must ensure you have enough money to pay for:

  • tuition
  • living expenses
  • transportation to and from Canada

If you are planning to attend Olds College on a Study Permit, you should be aware that you are not eligible to apply for Canadian government funding. If you require a loan to attend school, you should consider getting a loan through your home country.

Some countries will offer government student loans to students who attend Olds College. If your home country does not fund students through their government loans program, you may wish to speak to your bank or other financial institutions to secure funding.

Scholarships and Bursaries

Students seeking additional scholarship or bursary opportunities are encouraged to check their eligibility for other awards at:


Student Support

Listed below are some useful links to student support services offices, clubs, centres and much more to make your life easier while you are attending Olds College!

International Student Services

Coming to a new school in a new country can be an exciting as well as a challenging experience. As part of our campus services, the International Department and volunteers are here to assist you to adjust to your new environment and make your time at Olds College a fulfilling experience.

Services for International Students include:

  • Information and referral service about living in Canada and Olds
  • Information and referral service about understanding the Canadian and Olds College education system
  • Information and referral service if you are having difficulties on campus because you are new to Canada
  • Help if you need someone to assist you in speaking to instructors or staff members at Olds College
  • Cultural exchange, volunteer and recreational opportunities between International and Canadian students
  • We offer a free online orientation called “Life at Olds College for an International Student.”

International Service does not include:

  • Help with immigration, legal or government paperwork. Please visit the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration website for more information  
  • Financial help for International Students
  • Translation services


The International Department is located in the Dr. Robert Turner Building in the OCCI offices.  You can contact us at 403.507.7978 or by email at Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Request a Free online orientation about studying and life in Canada and Olds at! 

English Language Training

Olds College does not have a formal ESL training program. The College can and does offer short semester-long, targeted ELL: English for Agriculture course as part of the International Programs.

Students are expected to meet our English languages proficiency standards before they are accepted to the College.