To receive academic accommodations, documentation must be provided. Why is this needed? Documentation assists the Accessibility Services Specialist to understand potential needs and barriers, and to assist in the tailoring of specific learner’s needs. Some common examples of documentation that is accepted by the Accessibility Services Office includes:

  • Individual Program Plans (IPP’s) or Individual Learning Plans (ILP’s)

  • Psycho-educational assessments 

  • Letter from a doctor

  • Letter from a psychiatrist

Ideally, documentation should be recent, obtained within the last 5 years. If you are looking for Schedule 4 funding, documentation requirements may look a little more specific. Information on what is needed for Schedule 4 funding can be found here. If you have documentation, but are unsure if it qualifies or if you do not have updated documentation, contact the Accessibility Services Specialist.